Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Introduction To The Bad Girls Club

Today was fairly uneventful. I woke up around 3 and watched my shows. Afterwards I headed over to the house, to pick up my brother. I agreed to let him activate an old phone on my account so that he can have a cell phone of his own. He's going to pay me for it, and it's fairly inexpensive to just add another line to my plan anyways.

We left the Verizon store and headed back to the house to eat before practice. Practice went well. Everyone showed up with the exception of one player who has an injured ankle. He is questionable for Saturday, but hopefully he will pull through. I told the guys that we all owed it to one another to be at all the games and practices for the rest of the season. It's only three more weeks at the longest, and we really need the full squad if we want to win it all. So far, we haven't always had the greatest attendance record from everyone on the team.

We went over what to expect from the team we're playing this weekend. We showed them how to play against a high two man trap, and practiced executing our press. Everything is really coming together now. I really like our chances in the post season. Saturday we're playing a team that we beat pretty badly during the regular season, but while their best player was out with a concussion. I told the guys that this factor means that it's not going to be a cakewalk, even though we are the number one seed, and they are number eight. Can't wait for Saturday.

After practice I came back to the house and chilled with the fam for an hour or so. When I got back home I just hung out for awhile. I had recorded a show on the Oxygen Network, per Josh's recommendation. He had informed me at Eli's this weekend, that The Bad Girl's Club was easily the greatest show on television.

I could not agree more.

The Bad Girl's Club is a reality show. It is not like your standard reality show though, due to the lack of contests, or any form of a winner at the end of the season. The premise for the show is maybe eight girls that live together in a house with a camera crew. All they do is live. Fortunately, with this group, that's all they need to do in order to create an entertaining TV show. They are all the type of girls who think they are the "Head Bitch" if you will. Each episode, you get to enjoy twenty minutes of wholesome family fun as the escalating tension erupts into verbal and physical attacks between the volatile house guests.

The episode I watched started off with footage of a house party that one of the girls had thrown the previous night. This did not sit well with Tanisha, the biggest and blackest diva of them all. She was not participating in the festivities of the evening prior, and her slumber was disrupted. She responded by awaking early the next morning, before all of the others. She collected two baking pans from the kitchen and returned upstairs banging them together, chanting "I didn't get no sleep cuz of y'all, Y'all ain't gon' get no sleep cuz of me!!" Pans and flaps of skin noisily clapping together, she returned the favor to each of the other girls. They were not amused.

The antics continued in the day as we saw Tanisha professing her love for juice. She shared with the viewers how "there's nothing like a cold glass of juice." So later that day, or maybe it was the next morning, Tanisha was about to enjoy a delicious gulp of tropical fruit punch. Unbeknown to her, one of the girls had retaliated by pouring a container of hot sauce into her beloved Tropicana. Tanisha was infuriated. She feigned difficulty breathing in a dramatic tirade. Immediately thereafter, Tanisha marched straight for her attacker's bedroom. She ripped all of her belongings from their proper containers and scattered them about the room. Charming.

After commercials, there was one girl who lost her temper, for a reason I failed to identify. The other girls reacted by screaming and fighting as she smashed various items around the house.

At the end of the show, one of the girl's decided she could no longer tolerate the "poisonous atmosphere" and left the house. Everyone was deeply saddened by her exit.

The Bad Girl's Club is easily the trashiest reality show of all the trashy reality shows. And I am a man who loves his trashy reality shows.

Tomorrow I hope to get in a lot of MTTs, and you can guarantee I will be playing my best, with a clear head.

Until then,
Southrnctowl

No comments: