Sunday, February 3, 2008

SuperBowl Sunday

Woke up around 12:30 today. As I was getting out of the shower, my sister showed up with one of her friends that wanted to meet Buster. After they left I cleaned the place up and made some brunch. Then I just basically hung out, played some guitar hero until it was time to head out for the SuperBowl.

Our family had gone to the same house every year for the SuperBowl for several years now. It was the same guy who was one of my supervisors during my last few weeks at Discover Re (See first entry.) He and his family has been friends with us since he starting working with my Dad. This year however I was the only one who went. Ever since my parents got divorced last year, and I moved out shortly thereafter, we don't do much as a family anymore. It's really weird when your family, your foundation that you've grown up with your whole life falls apart all of the sudden. But just because my Dad had other plans didn't mean I wasn't going to go. I still wanted to see the Sigans since I hadn't seen Bob since I left Discover Re.

So I got there a little after 5 PM. It was good to see some of the people I hadn't seen in awhile. I bought a few squares, but kept my lifetime losing streak alive in that game. I stayed there until half time. The Sigans were nice enough to send me home with a nice poker related housewarming gift. I'm now the proud new owner of a lovely set of Texas Hold 'Em pot holders. I also got a gratuitous slice of birthday cake.

After that I headed over to Ryan's to finish watching the game. What a game it was! I was rooting for the Patriots, and I was shocked they didn't win. I was also surprised at what a low scoring game it was. The Giant's defensive line played a great game and really pressured Brady. He didn't get as much time as he is used to having. They also double teamed Moss the whole game and held him to only a few catches.

The Giants got really lucky too though. They should have had like four turnovers in the first half and only had one. Also the play of the game in the fourth quarter was clearly a gift from God. The ol' catch it with your helmet play came through for them. I thought about betting the under too, because I thought it was going to be a close game.

As far as the commercials go, I wasn't very impressed. It was a very mediocre year in that regard. I missed Tom Petty while I was driving over to Ryan's. Oh well though, I'm not really crazy about him.

Afterwards I went ahead and ordered our tickets for the Foo Fighters concert. Ryan, Pat, Deef, and I are getting floor seats for the show in Worcester two weeks for now. I'm pretty excited for that. No poker today, but I plan on getting in a full schedule tomorrow, hopefully starting at 2:15, depending on whether or not I go to the gym and what time I wake up.

Until then,
Southrnctowl

No comments: