Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another Two Day Recap

Not going to write much today because I feel like crap and I want to go to bed. Last night I went to UHart for Eli's birthday. Josh was there too. It was pretty fun, they had some bad ass jungle juice and Rock Band. Rock Band was really loud and I kept thinking to myself, "Man, I'm surprised we haven't got in trouble yet." We were in a dorm room. So at midnight, Eli officially turned 22 and the whole party of like 20 kids screamed Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs. So as soon as Eli was about to give a speech, the boys walked in and made most of the people leave. The cop was cool about it though so whatever.

Today I did some stuff in the morning. I had to get some food for Buster. I got a fresh head of lettuce and some new crickets. The past two days he has been more active. I think he is just getting used to his new surroundings. So I got that, and some lunch from Hooters. Also I went to Toys R' Us and went on a bit of a shopping spree. I bought all these new Nerf guns because I was inspired by Eli. I also got a pair of foam swords. Kind of juvenile but that's OK because the toys are sweet.

As far as poker goes, I did crappy today, lost over $500. I only had two cashes both less than $40. I really should have done much better in the $3 rebuy but I lost two big pots where I had the other guy completely crushed, getting it all in on the flop. I won't bore you with the bad beat stories. I thought I played pretty well overall tonight, it just didn't go my way. Tomorrow is the Superbowl, go Pats.

Before I go, I will share an amusing anecdote that I omitted a few days ago. The day I went to Sake, I stopped at Marshall's beforehand. I saw a small desk version of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots on the clearance rack. It was priced at $3, obviously a complete steal. So I eagerly took it out in the car to try it out. To my utter disappointment, one of the fighters did not lock into place. They are both supposed to clip in upright, then battle to the death, when one of them gets knocked out of their holder. However the blue one is incapable of locking in, thus making a fair fight unfeasible. Talk about extreme joy followed by gut-wrenching travesty. That really put a damper on the day. So now I have a completely useless game sitting on my kitchen table.

Anyways tomorrow is the big game, so I'll talk to you after that.

Until then,

No comments: